Hyatt Sr Manager, Social Media in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Sr. Manager, Social Media will be responsible for maintaining effective social media brand strategies across the Hyatt brands. This role will work closely with the brand marketing, communications, digital, customer care, agency and consumer insights teams and will interface frequently with many levels of our company – from senior management to hotel level staff.
This role will ensure that the Hyatt social media strategy is aligned with business objectives and reflects our purpose, promotes our brands and conveys key messages across Hyatt’s social channels. The candidate must be well versed in current social media trends, stay informed of the latest platform changes and innovations, and will constantly assess new opportunities for inclusion.
• Establish and manage a cohesive social media and digital plan that includes objectives, strategy, tone and content approach across social media and digital channels, in alignment with brand marketing & business goals.
• Create & manage agency & third party relationships to effectively align and execute social strategy.
• Integrates strategy with integrated marketing communications plans to support responsible strategies throughout the business.
• Identify, plan and implement “real time” social media content and engagement strategy opportunities to reach specific target audiences.
• Develops and implements tactical plans to support marketing strategies, including creating engagement strategies that generate traffic to our sites, incite conversation and engagement, and grow advocacy and community.
• Collaborates with and supports a multi-disciplinary global team of subject matter experts responsible for -the development and continual optimization of social assets.
• Continuously investigates and evolves social listening and engagement methods to optimize efforts of social strategy.
• BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or related field
• 7-10 years of social media leadership experience, with a strong social presence of your own
• Proven success with an emerging challenger brand, willing to take risks and drive aggressive growth/engagement within a short period of time
• Innovative and forward thinking, keeping up with the latest in digital/social media trends and platforms, proactively incorporating new ideas and/or emerging platforms
• Proven track record transforming creative ideas into successful social media implementations across multiple brands, with experience planning and executing social campaigns and/or advertising
• Strong writing skills – the ability to capture the voice of a brand and execute across multiple platforms
• Relevant experience working in online media and/or publishing, with the ability to react quickly to industry trends and adapt strategy accordingly
• Advanced knowledge of social media and analytics software
• Working knowledge of design, web design/development, CRO and SEO
• Ability to successfully manage and develop a team and work well cross-functionally
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008521
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.