Hyatt Greeter/Host in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a dedicated guest service professional to join our Mosaic Bar & Grille restaurant team as Regular Greeter/Host.
Greeters/Hosts are responsible for welcoming and creating the first impression for guests. These individuals have the ability to influence the overall restaurant experience by their interactions that include providing table accommodations and offering menu recommendations. Greeters may be the final point of contact and have the ability to ensure guest satisfaction. This position performs all duties associated with greeting, seating and reservation organization in a busy 3 meal full service restaurant and bar, including organization and maintenance of restaurant.
If you have worked as a restaurant host/greeter, your skills are invaluable to the position of Greeter at Hyatt. Your restaurant job experience will give you the tools to be successful as a restaurant Greeter/Host at Hyatt.
Wage for this position starts at $16.04 per hour, after six months the wage increases to $18.72 per hour and after one year it increases to $21.39 per hour.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Must have a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Must be available to work various shits including weekends and holidays; breakfast, lunch and dinner shifts
- Must possess refined verbal communication skills.
- Must have previous customer service experience.
- Must be able to interact and work with a diverse group of associates and guests
- Minimum of at least one year food and beverage experience in a high volume restaurant with hosting duties
- Must have Serving It Right certificate
- Knowledge of Micros POS and Open Table system is preferred
- Knowledge of a second language considered an asset
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Must be highly organized and able to perform and prioritize tasks
- Must be an excellent team player
- Must remain positive, energetic and professional at all times Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing throughout shift
- Frequent walking throughout the shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: VAN001005
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.