Hyatt Maintenance Manager in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver hotel is seeking a dedicated, hardworking, customer service oriented professional to join the Engineering Department as Maintenance Manager. Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance of facilities and equipment in both safe, good working order and with a high quality appearance where required.
- Works in a very hands-on fashion, overseeing all aspects of Maintenance of the property.
- Oversees and delegates tasks to a Team.
- Perform project management functions with respect to sub-contractors during renovations / and on regular daily basis.
- Responsible for ensuring proper safety programs with respect to fire equipment and regulations, training or maintenance Team Members and attendance at the Health and Safety Meetings as required.
- Attend and contribute to weekly Management Team Meetings to ensure proper communication within all operating departments.
- Monitor costs on an ongoing basis to ensure that budget objectives are being met or exceeded.
- Supervise, direct and motivate Team Members.
- General knowledge in the back of house areas such as mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
- Possess strong trouble-shooting skills in all areas of maintenance in guest rooms, meeting space, Kitchen, and front of the house areas
All other duties as assigned
This position requires strong leadership skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
* Minimum of two years maintenance management experience * Experience in hotel operations and maintenance is preferred * Must possess strong organizational skills, strong project management skills, high attention to details * Must be able to multi-task in order to meet a variety of deadlines * Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, and effective in providing exceptional customer service * Must have the availability and ability to work various shifts including weekends and holiday and evening shifts * Must have a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
* Constant standing and walking throughout shift * Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying a moderate amount of weight * Occasional kneeling and bending * Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: VAN001006
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.