Hyatt Systems Engineer in CHICAGO, Illinois
Summary The Systems Engineer role is to support the stable operation, reliability, and security of the end user devices and those services that support the devices. Under moderate supervision, performs work of challenging difficulty for the overall integration of support, maintenance, and integration of the assigned systems globally. The Systems engineer role requires a deep technical knowledge and a broad background supporting Microsoft technologies. History of successfully deploying, configuring, supporting and maintaining Configuration Manager 2012 R2 (or newer) in technically complex global environments a plus. This individual will work with Level 3 technical team members to assist with the implementation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of SCCM, Software Packaging, OSD, as well as assist with monthly Windows Updates activities, etc. This position also participates in research and planning, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination with the Global Operation Center.
- Development of automation scripts using PowerShell for the purpose of automating routine or manual tasks
- Configuring and troubleshooting SCCM Distribution Points as well as establish preventive measures for optimal performance and reduction of negative service impact
- Engage and work side by side with other Engineers proving services including OS Imaging, Software Packaging and Deployment
- Configuring and troubleshooting software deployments (including Windows Updates) and SCCM client-side issues
- Manages and supports group policy implementation
- Creation of custom queries, reports for other groups and documentation for training additional support personnel
- Research and report on technologies in coordination with existing and future IT initiatives * Interact with and provide direction to L2 support, vendors, outsources, and contractors * Manages and maintains Windows servers ranging from Windows 2008 to Windows 2016. * They will perform security procedures and follow policies to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal policies. * Supports implementation of DR measures and expansion to cloud for core infrastructure (SCCM) * Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values. * The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) current branch – deployment, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance in a global enterprise environment.
- 5 years hands-on technical experience administering Microsoft Windows-based systems at an enterprise level
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems including Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016 and Windows 7/10
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WMI, SNMP
- Competent management of competing priorities and workloads
- Demonstrated experience participating in incident, problem, and change control processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including creation of technical documentation
- Strong mentoring skills and technical cross-training of team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with PKI certificates
Familiar with security best practices as they relate to Information Systems.
Bachelor degree from accredited college for university in Computer Science related field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
MCSE certification desired
ITIL or CISSP certifcations are a plus but not required.
Additional Comments and Requirements
Eagerness to help ensure success of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Ability to conduct research into software or hardware issues, products, and technologies as required.
- Experience working in a team oriented collaborative environment.
- Excellent customer service is required.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009155
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.