Hyatt Recreation Attendant in CLE ELUM, Washington
Employees shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. Employees will be responsible for exemplifying the Suncadia Resort Culture.
Duties & Responsibilities: * Responsible for development, implementation and coordination of outdoor programs including; GPS programming, hiking and biking trips, group/convention recreation, employee and special events programming. * Manage daily/seasonal operations for the Recreation Pavilion which includes; bike, boat, in-line skate, sport equipment and ice skating rentals. Also includes rope tow tubing operation. * Work with Resort Real Estate Events staff to offer outdoor pursuits programming for Tumble Creek members. * Work with Recreation Manager to create on property destination management reservation process for on and off property outdoor pursuits offerings. * Building and managing relationship between preferred vendors and resort departments, including acting as liaison for proposals, creating new offerings, transportation needs and ensuring guest satisfaction. * Assist with development and maintenance of standard operating procedures and emergency action plans manuals for all department associates. * Responsible for the daily operation and functions of all programs, including staffing changes based on the number of participants on a given day, inventory, supplies, and overall appearance of the facilities. * Maintaining accurate records of attendance, registration, waiver forms, and cashiering that satisfies administrative and accounting needs. * Responsible for tracking inventory for all programs on a weekly basis and coordinate ordering with the activities manager. * On going training and coordinating with sales and convention service managers on group related activities. * Active involvement in proposals and meeting with group meeting planners. * Regularly promotes Suncadia activities and programs by being knowledgeable of all outlets, upcoming activities and special events. Must be able to positively respond to guest inquiries. * Assist with the promotion and distribution of marketing materials. * Maintain operational efficiency, budget control and guest satisfaction. Prepare/monitor and control budget of expenditures and projected incomes, and monitor guest evaluations of activities. * Institute safety regulations; maintain a safe and pleasant work environment; instill a safe work ethic in staff; establish safety guidelines for staff to follow before engaging in any type of program with guests; maintain a high level of safety and comfort for all guests during activities. * Responsible for keeping up on maintenance and appearance of all facilities and equipment. * Comply with all Suncadia policies, procedures and safety regulations. * Comply with Suncadia grooming and uniform policy.
- College degree preferred in Recreation Management or a related field.
- Two-three years experience in educational, recreational, or related areas which include working with a variety of clientele.
- Background or experience in a variety of outdoor recreation related activities and special event planning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have knowledge of programming, planning and leadership
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Physical ability to meet the demands of the position, including lifting heavy objects.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and days.
- Ability to work well with others and function under high-intensity situations.
- First Aid and CPR certifications required.
- Proficiency in word processing/computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Springer Miller)
- Energetic self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Ability to engage in conversation with members, guests and associates to promote positive relations.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with a smile. Working Conditions: * Ability to stand for entire shift;
- Must have the physical ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 40 lb. on a frequent basis.
- Duties are performed either indoors of outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces and reach on a continuous basis.
Primary Location: US-WA-Cle Elum
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Part-time
Job: Golf and Recreation
Req ID: CLE001693
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.