Hyatt Director of Sales - Park Hyatt Kyoto in KYOTO, Japan
Park Hyatt Kyoto is currently seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Director of Sales who will be providing leadership to the hotel’s Sales and Events team.
Supporting the General Manager, this role requires an inspirational, confident leadership style to help unfold a guest journey of rare and intimate experiences and a dedication to ensure our care for people is turned into action. As Director of Sales, you will lead the Sales & Events department in all the day to day operations of running the business. This is a Department Head position that requires a visible and highly engaged leader to positively impact the hotel and clearly position Park Hyatt Kyoto in the international market, as well as establish the Park Hyatt brand in local market.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Supervise the Sales & Events team in the performance of their duties and ensure learning opportunities through genuine, naturally occurring, quality conversation
- Build strong relationships at all levels across a diverse cross-functional environment
- Ensure Sales activities are aligned with the Corporate and Regional Sales Strategy and Hotel business plans are implemented.
- Ensure the correct Mix of Sales are supported by the correct channels in order to achieve financial obligations.
- Support the General Manager in all matters relating to hotel Sales & Events
- Manage weekly yield meetings and monthly strategic meetings
- Work closely with Revenue Manager to ensure hotel revenue potential is maximized
- Ideally with a university degree in Business Administration or Hospitality/Tourism management.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive work experience in similar roles within luxury international properties.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as customer service orientation, excellent problem solving and administrative skills and computer competency.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Japanese is essential, additional language skills will be an asset.
- Ability to represent the Park Hyatt brand.
- Thorough understanding of Luxury Consortia markets and Luxury Travel agents is a big plus
Primary Location: JP-Kansai-Kyoto
Organization: Park Hyatt Kyoto Higashiyama
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: KYO000200
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.