Hyatt Sous Chef - Bakery/Pastry in MUMBAI, India
To ensure the Bakery and Pastry products in all outlets meet the established standards and specifications and contribute to the profitability in accordance with the standard of the hotel.
Maximises employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
Assists with the input and oversight of product specifications, recipes and other data as required, supporting the smooth operation of Materials Management and Cost Audit functions.
Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
Assists in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets.
Oversees the production management of all pastry and bakery goods for the hotel’s food and beverage operation, ensuring that the required mise-en-place and finished products are produced and delivered to the appropriate areas.
Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
Works closely with the Stewarding Team to ensure that hygiene standards are maintained.
Supervises pastry and bakery employees to make sure that operating equipment is cared for and properly used to maximise its useful life, and to minimise breakage and personal injury.
To monitor service and Bakery and Pastry standards in all outlets and banquets. To work with the Outlet Managers, Banquet Services Manager and respective Chef de Cuisines to take corrective action where necessary.
To check incoming ingredients, ensure that all merchandise is in accordance with order sheets and receiving records.
To ensure correct handling, basic maintenance of machinery and tools in the Bakery and Pastry kitchen.
To ensure orderly handling of all products and check that quantities prepared are according to recipes and plate specifications.
Develops the skills and effectiveness of all pastry and bakery Chefs through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Holds a qualification in Kitchen Production and Management
· Knowledge and hands on experience in Kitchen management, menu planning and operational skills
· Good Guest Relations Skills
· Basic Computer Skills especially in MS Office, and Recipe Maintenance System
· Effective trainer, experienced in the delivery of skills training
· Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards
· Minimum 2 years work experience as Sous Chef – _Bakery/ Pastry or 4 years as Chef de Partie –Bakery/ Pastry in a hotel or large restaurant with good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000487