Hyatt F&B Reservations/Event Coordinator in NASSAU, United States
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
A degree of flexibility is required within this important role and will include the following tasks:
The Restaurant Private Dining Coordinator position is responsible for assisting the Private Dining Manager to sell and service all Large Party & Event bookings. The position additionally encompasses management of any VIP/special occasion inquiries, spearheading follow through including thank you calls and reservation coordination for hotel and restaurant VIP lists. This position will work closely with the restaurant managers and reservation teams to identify and create memorable guest experiences.
- Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):*
- ManageOpen Table on a daily basis.
- Ensure all restaurant seats are used to the best of its capabilities and sold fully with maximizing seating.
- Ensure shoulder slots for reservation booking are sold first
- Provide hostess training weekly and monthly to managers
- Work along with chef and the culinary team to revise menus and special guest requests
- Manage all incoming inquiries
- Event Order distribution and menu customization
- Conduct site inspections and restaurant tours
- Manage reservations for Special events like Masters of food and wine, Chef’s table and Cooking classes
- Maintain and print menus and coordinate menu updates seasonally
- Assist in booking and servicing all large parties, including execution if required
- Communicate booking information to all outlets in a timely manner
- Provide reports and daily/weekly updates to F&B Director
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Additional language skills are beneficial but not required
- Professional appearance
- Strong organizational skills a must
- Use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Envision, Opentable, Micros or other POS system experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a 4 / 5 star establishment within a restaurant and/or sales
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to understand and respond to individual guest needs
- A genuine interest and understanding in food and beverage; wine and cocktail knowledge a plus
- Problem solving skills, multi-tasking abilities and detail orientation are a must
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Authorization to work in The Bahamas
Primary Location: Caribbean Islands-BS-Nassau
Organization: Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NAS000490
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.