Hyatt Restaurant Supervisor in PLAYA DEL CARMEN, Mexico
Description:*Job Overview: *Take food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables. Direct servers, bartenders, and food runner on service in assigned station according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. Collect payments. Assist in the maintenance of the restaurant area and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
● Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up, and dress code of the restaurant.
● Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures
● Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections, glassware and garnishes in the restaurant
● Maintain complete knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
● Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major
ingredients, and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish, and method of presentation.
● Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those
prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
● Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, and use equipment
only as intended.
● Maintain knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
● Complete all opening side duties as assigned, and ensure all other staff complete their assigned duties.
● Organize assigned stations and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
● Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
● Review daily specials and maintain awareness of 86’d items throughout the shift.
● Greet guests and suggest beverage order, utilizing upselling techniques.
● Relay daily specials with brief descriptions; answer all questions on menu selections accurately
and offer suggestions.
● Take guests’ orders utilizing upselling techniques and record all orders following service standards.
● Suggest wine or beverage order to compliment guests’ meals; open and serve wines according to department standards.
● Input orders into system and ensure transmission of orders is verified by kitchen when assigned to do so. Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute food orders to kitchen.
● Direct and work closely with Servers, Bartenders and Food Runners in assigned station on service and timing. Assist in their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests and adhesion to departmental policies.
● Retrieve and serve all food and beverage courses to guests in accordance with departmental
● Monitor and anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests even when
● Maintain positive guest relations. Be familiar with all hotel services/features, and local
attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
● Handle guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
Qualifications:1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding. 2. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision. 3. Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations. 4. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. 5. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger. 6. Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once. 7. Ability to direct timing and performance of Servers, Bartenders and Food Runners. 8. Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, and think clearly while providing service to 25 guests at any given time. 9. Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages 10. Four years experience in fine dining 11. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance. 12. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
Primary Location: MX-ROO-Playa del Carmen
Organization: Thompson Playa Del Carmen
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: PLA000274
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.