The Laundry Attendant is responsible for receiving, sorting, processing, drying/pressing, folding and stocking all linens and terry, such as sheets, blankets, robes, bedspreads, towels, tablecloths and napkins.
Receive and sort incoming laundry items from resort departments.
Load and unload washers and dryers.
Fold dry linens and terry.
Run sheets through the presser folder.
Restock the shelves with clean linens.
Wax the presser.
Air-blow the sensors on the presser and folder.
Air-blow the sensors on the towel folder.
Sweep and mop to maintain working area clean.
Promptly report to supervisor any malfunctions of the equipment.
Sort out and report any damaged/stained linens or terry.
Any additional duties necessary as assigned by Supervisor.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to stand and walk during entire shift.
* Flexible hours may be required.
* Must be able to read, interpret and understand directions verbally and in writing
* Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
* Must routinely meet deadlines.
* Must be able to multi-task.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
No prior experience or training necessary.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Lift up to 45 lbs.
* Bending, reaching, continual standing, heavy use of arms
* Must be able to operate in hot conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Above average noise levels with consistently hot/warm temperatures
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TUC000377
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.