Hyatt Culinary Instructor - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
We seek a skilled and dynamic Culinary Instructor for Our brand new Life and Balance Kitchen. We seek a charismatic leader who can further refine, enhance, expand and promote our company’s nutritional philosophies while taking culinary operations at Miraval Resort in Tucson to new levels of excellence.
The Culinary Instructor is in charge of the programming classes assigned by the programming chef. Classes will range in sizes depending on occupancy.
Planning and execution of daily classes for our guest.
Testing and tasting of recipes
Development of new designs and recipes
Requisition of supplies and equipment
Training and mentoring of staff
Setting and working within a budget
Coordination with the Chef’s on complementary flavors
Following the latest trends in culinary arts
Experimentation with new flavors
Assigning priorities to guest requests
Understanding all cooking techniques recipes are required
Maintains a neat, clean and orderly work area
Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Programming Chef
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high standard. The requirements below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess fluent use of the English language.
- Ability to effectively communicate with members of the media and relate the Miraval experience in an authentic and personal manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and operational procedures.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leadership, managers and co-workers, clients, guests, staff and the general public.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
One year certificate or higher from college or technical school preferred; 2 to 5 years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior teaching experience preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to evaluate data from a variety of sources to establish trends, recognize patterns and realize opportunities.
- Ability to think and reason strategically to establish goals and objectives on a regular basis.
- Ability to assess, recommend and act to maintain company standards and meet organizational expectations.
Ability and sensitivity to customize and individualize responses to situations for each guest or staff member in alignment to the standards and values of Miraval Culinary and F&B Departments.
Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and walk up and down stairs and walk intermittently for short distances.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull 50 pounds or more on a daily basis.
- Ability to reach with arms and hands and bend at the waist when necessary.
Ability to use fine motor skills in manipulating knives in food preparation.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually loud. Frequent exposure to fumes, odors, and gases. Occasional exposure to dusts, mists and poor ventilation. Constant exposure to potential mechanical, electrical, burns and radiant energy hazards. Frequent exposure to toxic, caustic chemical hazards. Equipment Used in Job: Commercial kitchen equipment and cleaning agents
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TUC000390
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.