Hyatt Social Sales Manager - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
Purpose: Sells hotel experiences concentrating on revenue growth.
General Requirements: The following requirements are expected of all team members:
- Demonstrate Miraval’s core values
- Established group sales record
- Expertise in the hospitality sales process including strong knowledge of how to generate leads, create opportunities and close group sales
- Incorporate safe work practices
- Provide a quality guest experience
- Be a Team Player
- Demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement and achievement of goals
- Demonstrate a high level of ethics and accountability
Executes group sales process beginning with identifying prospects and qualifying leads, resulting in closed sales with well executed contract.
- Consistently prospects for new business.
- Schedules outside sales calls to build new relationships.
- Participates in community activities and networking opportunities to build brand awareness within the local community.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with group leaders and referral sources.
- Develops sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed established prospecting, revenue and room night goals.
- Fully communicates events and sales so that guest experiences are consistent with what has been represented to our guests and will meet their satisfaction.
- Logs all sites, calls and customer activities with meticulous notes in Delphi.
- Specific tasks include, but are not limited to: conducting property tours; outside sales calls; discussing options with future guests; prospecting accounts for potential repeat business; analyzing lost business and recommending solutions for future opportunities; preparing proposals/estimates and documenting events and activities; and communicating with other team members to ensure that scheduled events run properly.
- Performs all tasks and delivers a high level of guest services in conformance with policies, procedures, work instructions, training, codes of conduct, recognized best practices, safety laws and regulations.
Contract Clauses Negotiation and editing. Oversee proposal and contract template creation for maximum efficiency in process.
Is familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and acknowledges guests in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- Ensures that all confidential and financial data is maintained securely and handled in a discreet fashion.
- Participates in available training opportunities and applies learning and newly identified best practices where possible.
- Keeps up on the latest trends for activities and programs of competitors and guest demands. Makes recommendations to Hotel management on new activities or programs which can lead to revenue growth.
- Makes suggestions to improve the delivery of guest services and identifies new business opportunities that will enrich our guests’ experience.
- Performs regular quality checks on events meetings and conferences to insure things are working smoothly.
- Keeps current of industry trends in sales and marketing for high end destination spa resorts.
- Supports the team by anticipating and providing help as needed.
- Fills in at other functions when needed.
- Builds and maintains a positive relationship with other team members, wholesalers, representatives, guests, potential guests, members of the community, etc.
- Responds to all complaints and problems in a positive manner and takes action to resolve.
- Shows concern by taking action to assure that our guests have a quality experiences.
- Four year college degree in sales, tourism, business or equivalent life experience that demonstrates required knowledge.
Minimum three years’ experience in hospitality sales; destination wellness resort or independent boutique resort experience strongly preferred.
Excellent customer service skills
- Passionate about our core values and the unique attributes of the Hotel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledgeable in the use of catering and hospitality sales systems
- Must have established industry contacts
- Strong mathematical skills to create financially sound group sales proposals
- Creative, genuine, service driven and passionate about exceeding Guest Expectations
- Excellent communication skills and telephone voice
- Ability to travel to prospect locations
- Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodation
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TUC000334